Dr. Farnaz Khankhanian, or "Dr. K." as some patients refer to her, grew up in Southern California. She graduated from the University of California at Los Angeles with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry. She then attended the University of California at Berkeley where she earned her Doctor of Optometry degree in 1989 winning both the Best Clinician Award in Low Vision Clinic and the Best Thesis awards in her graduating class. She is board certified in the treatment and management of ocular disease including glaucoma.
Dr. Khankhanian has been in practice for over 30 years. Before moving to Carson City in 2006, she practiced optometry in the Los Angeles area where she served as the president of the optometric society in the San Fernando Valley. Dr. Khankhanian has treated over 35,000 patients since she started her practice in Carson City. She is active in the community and regularly provides vision screenings at local schools. In her spare time Dr. Khankhanian loves hiking and stargazing. She is also an accomplished photographer and an amateur astronomer.
Associations and Awards
- President, Northern Nevada Optometric Association
- Fellow of the American Academy of Optometry
- Member American Optometric Association
- Member Nevada Optometric Association
- University of California at Berkeley, Best Clinician award in Low Vision Clinic
- Best O.D. Thesis Award
- President, San Fernando Valley Optometric Society
- Education Chairperson, San Fernando Valley Optometric Society